This episode we welcome back special guest, lead developer on the Genesys Expanded Players Guide, Sam Gregor-Stewart, as we ready the potting mix to help nurture and grow a discussion on the creation of Specialization Trees including how you can introduce them into your Genesys games.
In Die Casting we make good on a listener request to explore Heroic Abilities from Realms of Terrinoth, while in Breaking the Mould we speak with Caleb Smith about his offering on the Foundry, The Survivalist's Guide to Survival. Plus, we answer your games and rules questions in Under the Hammer.
So, don your garden clothes, grab your shovel, and get the wheelbarrow from the shed, as GM Chris and GM Hooly show you how to tend to your garden of Specialization Trees on The Forge Podcast!
- Podbean: https://forgegenesys.podbean.com/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/forgegenesys
- Google: http://shorturl.at/DR023
- RSS: https://feed.podbean.com/forgegenesys/feed.xml
- Patreon: http://patreon.com/forgegenesys
Don't forget to drop us a review on Facebook, iTunes, YouTube or send us an e-mail.
The Forge: A Genesys RPG Podcast is a proud member of the d20 Radio Network. For more information about the network visit www.d20radio.com.
- 00:00:00 - PATREON ANNOUNCEMENT
- 00:00:17 - INTRODUCTION
- 00:04:51 - STOKING THE FIRE
- 00:05:03 - Podcast of the Week - Don't Despair
- 00:06:29 - News & Announcements
- 00:16:22 - DIE CASTING: Heroic Abilities
- 00:59:38 - THE FURNACE: Specialization Trees
- 01:03:23 - Part 1: Why Use Specializations?
- 01:12:35 - Part 2: Career Specs VS Role Specs
- 01:19:45 - Part 3: How Many Specs Do You Need?
- 01:22:31 - Part 4: Trees Within Trees
- 01:25:18 - Part 5: How to Create a Spec Tree
- 01:49:24 - Part 6: Creating Pathways
- 02:01:58 - Part 7: Making an Example Tree - The Druid
- 02:35:02 - BREAKING THE MOULD: Survivalists Guide to Survival (Caleb Smith)
- 02:57:45 - UNDER THE HAMMER
- 02:58:13 - Errata: Vicious Feedback
- 03:03:04 - Q1. The Act of Driving Dangerously
- 03:11:20 - Q2. Language Barriers
- 03:20:10 - Q3. Can I Use All the Magics?
- 03:28:08 - WRAP UP